Why the Kirst Konverter is the best cartridge conversion cylinder that you can buy.
- All Kirst Konverters carry a full Lifetime No B.S. Warranty.
- Our centerfire Konverters can be dry-fired without damage.
- They have been range tested by Shootists for over 2 decades.
- They are all designed to be simple, sturdy and reliable.
- None of our breech plates have to be screwed to the frame.
- Kirst Konverters are straight-line bored, not angle bored.
- Made from strong, heat-treated 4140 steel or stainless steel.
- CNC machined, blued or polished, and assembled in the U.S.A.
- No F.F.L. paperwork is required to purchase one from us.
- Double or triple the calibers of your percussion revolver.
- Increase your shooting time while decreasing loading time.
- Kirst offers matching ejectors for many of our Konverters.
Howdy, my name is Walt Kirst; I invented the Kirst Cartridge Konverter™ back in the 1990’s for folks who were interested in shooting Civil War and Old West replica firearms, and for those who favored a percussion style revolver that could shoot centerfire ammunition.
The Kirst Konverter allows you to fire cartridges with your Cap & Ball revolver, just like the original conversion revolvers commonly used to settle the western frontier.
The Kirst Konverter also gives you the option to switch from Cap & Ball to cartridges by simply changing cylinders. Kirst Konverters are precision CNC machined from 4140 steel and heat-treated for strength and durability by skilled craftsmen right here in the good old USA.
All centerfire Kirst Konverters are manufactured for use in modern, reproduction Cap & Ball revolvers with steel frames; they can fire Standard Pressure and Cowboy Action ammunition. Don’t use +P ammo or any other high-pressure ammunition. Note: The use of jacketed ammo may cause slightly more wear to the bore of the barrel than using lead bullets.
I invite you to peruse all the pages of my website to see if you might find a treasured addition to your Civil War and Old West gun collection.
Wishing you the best!